Terms and Conditions (revised May 2018):
i. All Courses booked at mkSpanish by the Client shall be subject to the terms and conditions listed in this document.
ii. No variation of these conditions shall be effective unless in writing and signed on behalf of both mkSpanish and the Client.
iii. This agreement shall be subject only to the laws of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
2 Booking and payment
Formal booking must be made indicating length and type of course (via booking form, email or letter). Payment of the course fees must be made in full on receiving our invoice and no later than the date the course is due to begin.
3 Cancellation of courses by the client
iv. The registration fee will be kept in all cases and is refundable ONLY if the course doesn’t take place. mkSpanish reserves the right to withdraw a course opening if the number of people registered doesn’t reach the minimum required (usually 6 attendees).
v. mkSpanish will give a full refund of the course fees (registration fee excluded) to any Client who withdraws a course registration within the next 48 hours after:
* the first scheduled lesson has taken place, or
* the date the student receives the user credentials for the AVE ® online learning platform.
After this deadline mkSpanish reserves the right to retain 100% of the course fees.
vi. In all instances, notification of cancellation must be made in writing and will be effective on the date received by mkSpanish.
4. Missed / cancelled lessons, length of courses:
vii. Cancellation of private individual lessons must be sent in writing at least 24 hours before the lesson is due, between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, otherwise the student will lose the lesson and no refund or reposition will be arranged.
iix. If the tutor is ill or unable to run a lesson the student will be notified, and the session will be rescheduled or added at the end of the current course.
ix A register of attendance is issued for each Course. The register states the starting date of the Course, the length of the Course in number of sessions and the names of trainees registered to participate in the Course. The register also indicates an estimated date for the last session and the Course’s closing date. Once the Course has reached its closing date no more lessons can be booked, delivered or claimed for refund.
x. Students attending group courses: there is no claim for partial refunds if a student misses a group lesson or decides to leave the course before the end date.
5. Certification & Attendance (for long term courses)
You must attend a minimum of 70% of the lessons scheduled for the Course to be eligible to receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the Course. Students whose attendance falls below this level may be asked to leave the Course, but not refund will be applicable.
6. Privacy notice
xi. Information You Provide to Us
mkSpanish may collect information from you when you:
• book courses with us, require a price quote or ask for course information
• participate in a survey, poll, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion;
• communicate with us via third-party social media sites;
• submit a rating or review;
• or contact us, or otherwise communicate with us or provide information to us.
The “personal information” we collect may include, for example, your name, postal address, postal code, email address, telephone number, date of birth, payment information, details on items purchased, and other information you choose to provide to us. In some cases, you may provide information to us about someone else, such as when you request a course for a young person (under the age of 18) or on behalf of a company. In these type of cases, you agree that you have the authority to provide us with such information.
xii. How your information is used
The information we collect may be used in a number of ways, including:
• to fulfil orders and requests submitted by you;
• to contact you (via post, email, and any other method you may have chosen) with relevant information to promote our services or instruct our users on applicable changes therein;
• to contact you if appropriate regarding a rating or review submitted;
• protecting the security, legality or integrity of our business;
• And otherwise, with your permission or as permitted by law.
With your consent to this Policy, we may combine the information we collect online from or about you with the information we collect offline from or about you. We will not store your personal data for any purpose for longer than is necessary to fulfil our service to you, as requested by you or as required by law.
xiii. Who we share information with
We may disclose information as follows, to the extent permitted by law:
• to our suppliers (tutors) and service partners (associated online learning platforms) who process information on our behalf and who facilitate the functionality and services required to deliver our courses. For further information on the third-party companies currently acting as data processors please contact firstname.lastname@example.org;
• as required by law, or to provide information as required by local law enforcement agencies, other local government authorities, or otherwise as required by law;
• when you post to a social media website, forum, review website or any other such facility in the public domain any information you choose to post will be available to access on the internet, depending on your own personal account settings.
7. Your privacy options
xiv. Unsubscribing from promotional content
If you would like to stop receiving direct mail from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
xv. Access to your personal information
Should you wish to access any personal information we hold about you may instruct us to provide you with any such information at any time. We reserve the right to request suitable evidence of your identity.
xvi. Erasure of personal information
With the exception of general exclusions, where processing is necessary, such as exercising the right of freedom of expression and for compliance with legal obligations or claims, you have the right to request that all personal data be permanently removed from our databases without undue delay.
To access or delete your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the details of your request, your name, email and postal address and any other information required to process your requirement.